Friday, February 15, 2013



                Fight the New Drug 


It just drives me crazy when some says, I’m going to visit my friends, and they go on Facebook.  I think there’s absolutely nothing wrong with people using Facebook to stay in touch with their friends and family, but if that’s your primary way of staying in contact with them, which is most kids now days, I think you’ve forgotten what a friend really is. I believe people go through life playing it more shallow than deep. And what I mean by that is, having many friends that you don’t go very deep with isn’t very fulfilling, but it keeps you busy. And I think that’s what most people are looking for is a distracting from life because life is scary at times. Before you had drugs and alcohol and yes those still exist today but now we have something new and something way more powerful  technology. 

It’s funny to see when someone who heavily relies on their cell phone loses it for a while. They become like a drug addict needed a quick fix. This just goes to show how attached we have become to technology especially our phones because with iphone’s now, we feel a great sense on significance, connection and certainly from using them. Getting what we want, when we want, at a touch of a screen. Another great example is all the online communities we created over the years. For some people these fantasy online communities, actual become their daily lives, and their daily lives now become a fantasy for them. They get so caught up in these online communities that they forget the real life that they are living. I have one user in my online community who blogs, posts and comments on every little thing every few minutes which just goes to show how addicted some of us have become. 

I believe if we continue to rely on technology for our primary way of communication, then the once wonderful way of face to face communication might be a thing of the past and gone forever.   

No comments:

Post a Comment