Sunday, February 3, 2013

Texting Generation

In our intensely internet and social media based society, writing has become more essential than ever. It's caused some down falls in our grammar for the sake of laziness and efficiency.I haven't experienced very much of this "text speech" that everyone hates. The odd "LOL" of course and the classic "brb" we all used on MSN back in the day. When I text I prefer to use full words but I'm sure my grammar suffers sometimes. There is nothing wrong with a :P just to ensure someone knows your telling a joke and not being inexplicably rude.
Grumpy cat knows what's up.

I also agree with Lunsford's research into the fact that people are writing more than ever. With so many outlets for our thoughts and having an audience of peers it's easy to get involved. Everyone's a writer when it comes to tumblr or blogger, even twitter and facebook.
Then again not everyone should....


No comments:

Post a Comment