Saturday, February 9, 2013

Trollolololol


This article brings light to a blogging pandemic I was previously unaware of. When I think of trolling I think of humoring people on the internet with silly responses and jokes. But Cory Doctorow has made a valid point that internet communities may be poisoned from the trolls who are self entitled, self conscious and overly opinionated. But in truth there is nothing that can really solve the trolling problem within online communities. These trolls are the same people who talk loud during a lecture and interrupt a conversation to gain negative attention. These people exist and they are not going to change. Change maybe there profile name and continue to harass a community if he or she has been booted before. I do need to bring up a thought though. I would only predict because I am not in touch with many online communities, but do people not find as much excitement in posting against trolls as the trolls feel stirring the pot ? It seems to me that without a little friction of uranium a blog would stay bland and linear. Though for some people and blog with no problems and lovey dovey communication it their cup of tea. Myself, I have always been an arguer, when conflict over the internet 
arises I do find pleasure it speaking out against an idiot who posted 
a comment that has made my life shorter by reading it. 



As a new member to my music discussion board I find an array of differences between genres of music. This music discussion board offers a varieties of columns to talk about based on genre. A difference that i found is that when I read and comment on the classical category responses are kind and well put together. People in the classical category never get to upset and trolling seems inexistent. When I click to discuss hip/hop and rap it turns into a different atmosphere. Discussion get more heated, lots of swearing is involved and opinions are not regulated. I will be keeping my eye on the music discussion board and maybe confront some trolls myself !

1 comment:

  1. I agree with almost all of the statements in your post but Cory Doctorow provided many ways to prevent or stop internet trolls. Do you still believe that there is nothing we can do to stop internet trolling?

    Really like the picture, too perfect.

    ReplyDelete