Friday, February 15, 2013

Social Networking: Isolated in a Crowded World


Facebook has never been a strong aspect in my life, sure I would go on once a day to check out what people were talking about and posting but I have never been addicted to the website. Hearing the population change their opinion about spending so much time on Facebook all I can say is it’s about time! I understand that people wanted to communicate with people that normally they could not because of location and timing but having thousands of friends that probably you do not know all of them personally is taking it WAY TO FAR. People have tried to add me and I cannot even read their name because it’s in another language, ridiculous and un-safe in all that comes to mind.

Going back to the days where people would have to pick up the phone to talk to people and come to the door instead of sending a text saying they are outside is what we have lost with technology. It is sad to think that families sit around the kitchen table playing on their phone at dinner time instead of talking about their days. In my family we have dinner almost every night with the television off and our phone not aloud at the table. Social networking sites have actually done the opposite they intended on, distancing people instead of bringing them together.

Spending hours a day on social media has created a disconnected world with overweight and un-productive people living in it. People would rather sit on the computer than go outside, or exercise, bring people into the real world instead of hiding behind a screen. People need to understand the importance of life because we all only have that single life. Dont look back when your too old to walk and talk and regret spending all your time on the internet when you could be farthering your career or traveling the world. Live every day like its your last and personally I would not want my last day on earth looking at what other people have accomplished with their live while I sit in a dark room with my laptop. No! I will be traveling the world and accomplishing all my dreams! :)
What will you be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment