Friday, February 8, 2013

Trolling


Ahhhh trolls, trolls, trolls, I felt like Doctorow’s article on trolling was to be looked at in a humorous yet informative view point. He cut right to the point and described what he has experienced and has observed on an online community. I've learned that there are two types of trollers; the people intentionally try to be malicious aka a bully and people who intentionally lie aka pathological liars. It seems like Doctorow’s descriptions of trollers is; people who are so bored that they feel like they have to go to extreme lengths just to be entertained and satisfied. I've also learned that if you get involved with a troller you are giving that person the satisfaction that they are seeking for just like a real life bully would do.

Trolls, trolling, trollers, I've seen many of them already. When I see them post stuff that is either malicious and/or irrelevant, I just sigh in disbelief and confusion and I ask myself how does one think of things like this? Why do they have to hurt other people or have to do to get noticed?  Here’s one example of trolling in community I am reporting on.




 In a lighter note, there are times where I find trolling quite funny but only directly towards the people who make up the most obvious lies. I wouldn't classify them as pathological liars but people who are somewhat like comedians trying to gain laughs in the essence where no one will get hurt or is being singled out and belittled. Here is an example of a funny troll.



No comments:

Post a Comment