Friday, January 25, 2013

Avatar Personality

Creating a cartoon as my avatar leaves my identity as a mystery in some sense because it does not show my real face. I still used my physical characteristics to create this character like my blonde hair and green eyes but everything else the reader has to infer themselves!

 
As the reader I feel like my avatar comes across as a girly girl who likes feminine things which describes parts of my personality. The background is graphic design as it portrays the creativity that is inside of me. I am a very creative person. But using a cartoon and not a real picture of myself I feel like people will not have as much authority for me because they don’t know who I really am. That is the choice I made because though they might not trust my words without seeing my face, they also cannot judge me for the way I look; which can alter everyone’s decisions. The cartoon is definitely a fun and playful avatar because it is a drawing representation of myself. I would not use this in a professional setting beacuase no one would take a cartoon seriously.

The environment it would be suitable for would be blogs and semi anonymous website where I would not want my true identity to be uncovered. I would not use this picture on Facebook and Twitter because I want people to see the real me on those types of sites.  

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment