Monday, January 21, 2013

Avatar


        This is an avatar or picture of my horse and I in early October. I believe this is projecting an ethos of an active life style or it might suggest that I am an animal lover.  It shows that I  have a hobby that I am dedicated to and have been doing for a while which means I probably know a bit about show jumping. This avatar would probably be better used in a horse blogging site which is actually where I use it for. However for this class I felt it was important to have an avatar that represents me as I am posting about my own opinion.
        From the picture alone I don’t think people would know I am in university and am knowledgeable about multiple areas of science, or that I would be blogging in writing in digital context class. I guess this all comes down to lessons that our mothers would teach us as children. “Don’t judge a book my its cover” Although this is a real life picture of myself it does not give the reader a full sense of who I am as a person. I don’t think that the picture posted is making me any less credible or trust worthy. It might not be the most professional picture out there. I probably wouldn’t use this picture if I was applying for a job over the internet and needed to have an icon. However, as stated this picture expressive a large part of who I am. I would think that on a blog site you are writing about your own opinions, so you would want to display your own ethos.

No comments:

Post a Comment