Saturday, January 26, 2013

...never viewed in the same way twice



This image is a avatar I have used in the past to represent myself on social media sites.  I feel that it is a accurate representation of my personality as I  see it as being grounded in life. This is communicated to me  by the way in which the pier extends out onto the lake.

Although it is not shown in the picture, at the beginning of the pier there are a number of large trees. If you were to stand there, only the storm would be visible to you. By walking half way up you are not only able to see the clouds, but the sun shinning as well. The pier offers people the opportunity to see their surroundings from a different perspective.  Personally,  I try to explore different views and  focus on the positive elements. 

To the reader, this avatar may represent someone who enjoys being around water and/or taking photos. It could also suggest the person is fun to be around (the sun shinning) and someone of authority (the size of the lake). As for trustworthy/ competent I would think the structure of the pier would be able to symbolize that, although for those people who are uncomfortable around water/heights they may think otherwise.  This image would be suitable for almost any online environment, especially those that encourage sight seeing.  

All forms of art whether it is an avatar, sculpture or painting is never viewed in the same way twice. The colour, lighting, and shape etc. of the image will communicate different messages for each person who views it. For that reason, I find it very hard to determine what the avatar may represent for someone else other than myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment