Saturday, January 26, 2013

Avatar


By looking at the avatar that I chose to identify myself with, I think that readers will imagine that I am someone who is into fashion, make up, skin care, material things, and essentially anything that has to do with an individual’s appearance. This is a very accurate description of the kind of person that I am and the things that I am into, which is one of the reasons I chose this as the avatar that best describes me. I am extremely infatuated by the beauty industry and I love contributing to fashion blogs, and I am also a little obsessed with watching beauty gurus on YouTube. Moreover, if this same image was posted on a fashion blog or a makeup site, a reader may think that I have a good level of expertise about the beauty world, but only that I choose not to identify myself to keep my identity  unknown.
This avatar would certainly be more suited towards a site with beauty and fashion gurus because that is what the image is portraying, as well as what I was aiming for people to think when they would see this image. It probably would not be suited towards social media websites like Twitter, because people want to see an image of the person they are talking to, not an avatar an individual has created for themselves. The person represented by this image seems credible and trustworthy if the image was used to contribute to a fashion blog, but probably not so credible or trustworthy if the image was used on a website like Twitter because people would think it’s a fake page. This image does not depict someone who is professional because it is not a picture of me, but of a bratz doll. No one would take me too seriously with an image like this if I was to write a post on a scholarly website, but people would definitely take me to be someone who if more fun and playful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment