Thursday, January 24, 2013

Choose Your Images Carefully   
Did you know that 90 % of communication and how we are perceived by others is non- verbal?  That’s right 90%. Crazy when you think about it actually, because most what you say about yourself you don’t really say at all. So whether it’s Avatars or profile pictures they represent a huge part of the user, even more than most of us might think. 

Magmar here to our left is my Avatar. He was created to represent me in every way. At first glance you might think the user of this Avatar is violent, rebellious, and selfish. But I believe with a closer look you will discover something else. I believe this avatar is projecting ethos of an athletic lifestyle, he could show extreme knowledge in fitness and what it takes to get in great shape and more importantly remain in great shape (Training shoes). The avatar represents of image of being trust worthy, credible, professional and competent by showing off his education and great knowledge of the business world (Business tie).His sense of authority can be strongly felt do his razor sharp blades and up right posture, and he really stands out as if he is in an authoritative position. Most importantly I choose my avatar as a superhero because the word hero comes from the Latin verb servo, meaning to protect and serve others. Which all superheroes such as Batman, Superman, and Spiderman spend their life doing protecting and serving family, friends and other significant people in their lives, something I strive to do each and every day.  I would choose to use this avatar in many settings but I think it would have the biggest impact on sporting or gym blogs, but I would also use it for a profile picture for every day use to show that there are more sides to me than at first glance. 

Finally, my main message to everyone is, choose your images carefully and intelligently, as they might mean a lot more than you think.                

1 comment:

  1. The point you brought up about 90 percent of the way we perceive things being non verbal was very interesting.

    After learning that fact ill defiantly think much deeper when I choose the way i want to describe myself over the internet.

    ReplyDelete