Friday, January 25, 2013

Avatar



      Many people choose to use cartoony avatars for online environments. Personally that would not represent me or project the kind of image I would want to portray. 
I choose to use a picture of me and some friends at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. I would imagine that this image would represent me as a person who likes to travel, spend time with friends, and make new ones.
The image could lead others to think that I have some knowledge about travelling and establish a sense of trust in them as they can see I have already been somewhere internationally. 
I think just the fact that the image is a photograph rather than a cartoon or other digitally created image, changes the way people would view me. A photo seems more representative of a real person, where as a cartoon image could be misleading, and could possibly cause people to trust the person behind the image less in the online world. 
    I think this image would be suitable for most online environments, such as social media outlets, Facebook, Twitter as well as fun sites like Pinterest. This image would be especially suitable for travel blogs or forums mainly sites such as Trip Advisor and other fun group discussions websites. The image could be inappropriate for more serious online environments such as a business orientated forum or job/school website. This image is also less personal and safer as it is not just my photo but there are others in it as well and it is distant.
Overall I think it represents a happy person who could be credible is certain areas of discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment