Sunday, January 27, 2013

Avatar

For the avatar assignment, I chose to use a photo that portrayed myself and what I look like, yet still leave some mystery for the viewers.  I felt that using a cartoon avatar would not properly represent who I am.  I am very interested in photography and editing photos; that is why I picked an actual photo of myself.  Editing the photo in order to make it harder to see me was done because I felt it added a bit of mystery in the way I am seen by blog readers.

Avatars are important to the creation of blogs.  They allow readers to further understand the author in the way that they want to represent themselves.  The avatar may accurately represent the writer, or it may be the complete opposite of the person.  Either way, they give an idea of how we as writers or bloggers want to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment