Sunday, January 27, 2013

Avatar Assignment

This is the avatar I chose to make for my online profile because it has some similar characteristics that I myself have, but doesn't look too much like me. I made it like that because I think the idea of going online and having a new persona is fun and interesting. I think that is why a lot of the time people will make avatars for their online activities. The picture shows a cartoon girl with make-up and hair styled, this shows that I care about my appearance. I chose not to put any jewelry or accessories so that my avatar still looked professional and wouldn't be ignored on any blog sites because it came across as an unintelligent looking avatar. Depending on what your avatar or screen picture looks like your opinion could be written off or not taken seriously.


For example if your character was covered in glitter with crazy rainbow colors in the hair then if you commented on a scholarly blog you may be ignored due to the crazy "out-there" appearance. On the other hand, if you were to comment on a gaming blog for example they may be less judgemental about appearance.

I think it's important to chose your avatar wisely because it is the first thing people are going to see before they decide whether or not to read your comments or posts. Also your avatar can become the way you are recognized and known by fans and subscribers everywhere, so it's important to pick something you are going to continue to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment