Thursday, January 24, 2013

Images and Rhetoric

                                                      

This is an image of myself that I personally use for sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or any other sites where I communicate with friends and people I know. When people see this picture I believe people imagine me to be young, fun, and energetic. The ethos for this picture might not be incredibly professional, as in I would not use this image when job hunting or commenting on scholarly blogs, but I believe it shows my personality well. If people were to question my authority or expertise on a subject, unless it was a prom/hair/make-up scenario, I do not believe this image would validate my knowledge base. Although my credibility is not incredibly apparent I believe my image still makes me appear trustworthy and honest.





The next image I have is how I see myself in an animated format. This image could show others that I am laid back and portrays a quieter personality than my "profile picture" above. When readers see this image I feel they may imagine a young woman again, but possibly a woman with more authority, credibility and knowledge. By not seeming so "done up" in this image, I may seem more approachable as well. The ethos for this image is more professional than the previous but I would still use a formal head shot for professional situations, not a cartoon. I would use this image for public forums and blogs, but not on social media sites or job search sites.




No comments:

Post a Comment