Sunday, January 27, 2013

Perception

Avatars have a major impact on other's perceptions of who we are; when these are not carefully selected they can portray the wrong impression. However, when the individual reflects upon the ethos of them prior to posting it, the opposite happens. This is because people may discover new things about the user such as: hobbies, personality traits, likes and dislikes; all of these just by looking at an image. An example of this can be seen with the following picture:


This is a picture of some friends and me at a birthday party. Usually, this is the type of image that I would select as my Facebook profile picture because I believe it portrays an appropriate ethos for this type of site; as well as displaying some of my personality traits very accurately. I am an individual that enjoys spending time with friends and family, but I also love fashion and dancing. When looking at the image at first glance people would be able to see these traits displayed; however they may fail to notice the details on the background, like the DJ and the drums which can provide further insight into the user’s ethos. In this case, the DJ and the drums at the background display two of my favorite hobbies which are: dancing and listening to music. When analyzing this image even deeper it also portrays the ethos of a happy person that likes to enjoy life. 

  Avatar


Candace is a character from the T.V show Phineas and Ferb. I have been told by my siblings that she and I are extremely alike because we are both very chatty, energetic and loud. This character spends large portion of her time striving, but never succeeding to get her brothers in trouble for the things they do every day. While watching the show my siblings would make funny comments, try to imitate her and sometimes my brother would even joke around and tease me by saying that Candace is as successful as me at being a snitch. This character would be an original Facebook profile picture or something that I would choose in an informal environment because it does represent me very well in some ways and at the same time it brings back good memories. Whenever I see Candace it reminds me of all the laughs that we shared due to my siblings funny comments.

Fashion blogs

As stated above, I like fashion and I have always been passionate about making others feel good about themselves by providing fashion advice and make-up tips to them. This is image of me that I would use if I were to create a fashion blog. I believe the ethos it portrays is suitable for this environment because it shows style and professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment