Sunday, January 27, 2013

Avatar

Having an avatar to go along with your handle name is a great way to have people remember you as a blogger.  A picture, or avatar, is something that is more recognizable compared to just a handle name.  By creating this recognition you will slowly build relationships with other bloggers.
     I decided to make an avatar from the TV series Mad Men.  For those of you who don't know, this is a series about a marketing firm called Sterling-Cooper in the 1950's.  As a marketing student myself I really enjoy this show and thought it would be a great way to make an avatar representing a little bit about myself.  It represents what I am taking in school, what TV shows I like and a little of portraying myself in a professional manor.   
     I feel that the two best circumstances that this avatar would work the best in are business fields and areas discussing shows, movies and TV series.  Withing the business world this is a very well known show;  It is not strictly watched by marketers.  Its target audience are 30-60 year old men.  When they see this avatar they have a better chance of recognizing the name and the style than bloggers from sporting and fashion backgrounds.  Secondly, I feel this would be a good avatar for blogs discussing TV and movies because it shows what one of my favorite shows is.  It would give the reader a little insight into what style of shows I like and therefore giving them a better appreciation about my future posts.
     As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.  This is true and having an avatar to represent yourself online is no different.  It is a great tool to create recognition, insight and credibility to your online ethos.

No comments:

Post a Comment