Thursday, January 17, 2013



Stay Anonymous my friends, stay anonymous.  
 
We live in a world of stereotypes, whether we like it or not. By simply stating male or female I’ve already given away some information about myself and opened it up to stereotypes. 

If I admit that I am a female and I answer questions relating to football or weight lifting that are considered to be more of a male nature by most people I have already lost some creditability and will be taken less seriously. And vise versa if I’m a male talking about more female deemed products or issues by society.  IT DOESN`T MATTER WHOSE NAME IS ATTACTHED TO IT!!  Furthermore most people believe by remaining neutral that they can avoid such issues.  The quality of the answer, argument, or intent should be judged and who and what I am is completely irrelevant


I had Facebook throughout my high school years and obviously I registered with my full legal name. About 3 years ago I deleted my Facebook after realizing that with a simple search of my name you could find loads of information on me. Whether it is pictures, friends, date of birth, school or place of work, it really bothered me.  Privacy and sense of security is something I’m not willing to give up. I also believe pseudonyms give people a chance to speak their mind without any consequences or judgement towards them or their families. It lets people escape for a minute or two from their normal lives and be someone different or someone more significant and ultimately break away from bias opinions.

 Do yourself and everyone who cares about you a favour and stay anonymous. Trust me it worked out well for Batman, Spiderman, and Zorro just to name a few.       

No comments:

Post a Comment