Sunday, March 3, 2013

Memes: Entertainment for everyone

   I did not even know what a meme was until recently. I always thought that they were amusing and fun to look at and share with friends.  Some of them are hilarious whereas some of them seem to be trying too hard to be funny. That could just be my opinion, because I have a fairly dry sense of humor. The majority of the time, they are witty and clever. 

   The blog post gave a good description of what memes are and how they can be effective. The post gave a great description of the different kinds of memes which I thought to be helpful with our upcoming meme project. I did not think that there could be an analysis to that extent on memes.

   The article on LOLCats was pretty informative as well. The part that stuck me to be most interesting were the video memes. I have seen many of the those, but I looked at them as parodies rather than memes. The videos are what I find to be the most amusing when they are done correctly.

   I would not say that memes are anything more than entertainment. They are funny but I don't find them particularly useful or informative. I think that they are really just to make fun of things or to emphasize them. I have always liked the LOLCats because I think that they are done well.

This is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment