Sunday, March 10, 2013

Youtube



After reading this article my perception of what YouTube represents hasn't changed as much. I mean I agree with some of what the article states but I honestly got the feeling that they tried to make it sound like YouTube is a bad tool that our generation is investing in. Nonetheless there are things that I do agree on when it comes to this article. I am on YouTube constantly and I’ll agree that there are people who do post videos that are crossing the line between what is right and what is wrong. In the article in the subheading of “violence on YouTube” they talk about how people are doing more outrageous, violent things to get onto YouTube. The tone of that observation made it seem like that our generation is stupid and heartless with how we react to and with other people’s feelings.  I don’t condone violence as a matter of fact I remember watching an adolescent girl who threw puppies into a river purposefully on YouTube a few months ago, but I don’t think that this adolescent gird wanted to be looked as horrible girl. I can see that this girl did a horrible thing but I don’t think this girl has a horrible heart. I do believe that she should be punished but I can’t imagine what she must be going through as well as her family, I mean if it wasn't published on YouTube than the whole world wouldn't have known… Basically what I’m trying to say is that I don’t believe that all the violent videos that people put up aren't always in their right mind and that the purpose of YouTube should not be overlooked by all the negative feedback that it receives.

I believe that YouTube is a great place for people to express feelings or show off things that interest them or fascinating things that happened to them. There are tons of “YouTubers” out there that spread positive things whether it’s motivational or just for the laughs and giggles. An example is Jenna Marbles. She isn't the smartest cookie but she does make hilarious videos and gives out awesome tips/advice. There are tons of inspiring videos out there; I remember watching a video that was about a two friends that adopted a lion as their pet and raised it. Once the lion began to become to big for them they let the lion out into the wilderness and after a few years they wanted to come see if the lion would remember them-they were warned that the lion may not remember and it may actual be dangerous for them to try. The two friends ignored the advice and found the lion remarkably the lion remembered who they were and jumped in their arms with love.  

Overall I believe that YouTube is a great place for everyone in the whole world to see because it keeps us involved with other cultures’ news, entertainment and a good place for individuals to express or make a statement whether it’s personal news, politics or just random, miscellaneous things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment