Saturday, March 30, 2013

If I had my own blog


If I had my own blog it would be about fashion and make-up tips. I have always been passionate about making others feel good about themselves by providing them with fashion advice. I also enjoy learning about trends, designers, and make-up tips. Therefore, I feel this would be a good way to share my knowledge about a something that I enjoy while helping others.

When doing the community report assignment I decided to analyze the second best known fashion blog internationally called Style Scrapbook. Throughout this analysis I was able to learn a lot of new interesting information in regards the fashion industry, as well it gave me ideas in regards blogging. 



These are the elements that I find crucial in order to create an interesting and healthy blog:
1) Guidelines of conduct- to lower trolling
 2) Interaction among followers and the owner of the blog in order to create a better sense of community.
3) Visual- nice pictures to illustrate and make postings more interesting
4) Tutorial videos- They are always helpful, especially when showing make-up tips. It is a lot easier if the follower can see step by step.
5) Revising comments; when I was trying to post a comment on Style Scrapbook and clicked post after I was finished writing it a sign came up and said that it was going to take some time to post; I think this is happened because the posts are being revised prior to being posted in the blog. If I were to have my own blog I would like to implement this system because it helps avoid inappropriate posts and helps to maintain the community healthy
 6) Lastly, injecting my own personality that way followers would be able to relate better, as well as some healthy humour into the posts, that way making them more interesting and entertaining.






No comments:

Post a Comment