Friday, March 8, 2013

Youtube


It seems for the most part that YouTube is or has become the new Google. My personal experience with using You Tube over the years has evolved in terms of how I now use it. Back in high school You Tube was an entertainment hub, but now a days it has become an educational tool. There are instructional videos that explain material with greater ease compared to sitting in a classroom. I am amazed at how diverse the people and content on You Tube is, one can type in anything and in most cases a video will be found. When I do a search I usually use You Tube over Google, it sounds a bit odd but I usually find what I am looking for.
 Youtube 
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/youtube-keyboard-shortcuts/


 It sure has made a lot of people popular, even when the videos are pointless.Now a days people are using You Tube as a way to earn income and some have made careers out it. Most media outlets and sports organizations are using it to get information out while at the same time promoting some kind of product or idea. In fact I made a video, a few years back, regarding some random promotion for a sports blog , well I didn't get many viewers. It is very hard to get the views and those that do must be amazing at what they do. I find that the comment and likes/dislikes section is awesome because it lets one know if a video is worth watching. Due to the large amount of nonsense videos I believe that the comments and likes can save a lot of time. Overall You Tube is probably one of the greatest websites out there and without it would make me feel very bored.


1 comment:

  1. I like how you have personally involved when using YouTube! And you made a very interesting point that you use videos as your search engine over Google. I too use Youtube for how to videos and it is always so helpful!

    ReplyDelete