Sunday, March 3, 2013

Memes

Currently, I think memes play a great role in day to day online communication. The use of meme in social media is a growing trend.  Memes are very useful to communicate any ideas in short period of time to the public as described in the article titled "Why Are Memes Popular?". It also helps people to retain information very easily. As a result, if it used for the right purpose it can facilitate the transmission of information in short period of time to a target audience. 

 I have received some memes through email from friends and families, some of them were political and other can be seen as comics. In future, memes may have a greater role compared to formal communication method as people prefer less and less content due to a scarcity of time.  As we bombard by a lot of information in small period of time we tend to select the way we communicate. I think the following meme can be described in thousand words if the author wishes; however, viewers can have a very good idea about the person stands for the country.



1 comment:

  1. I find Memes to be a a great way to communicate with people at a distances. But i rarely see political memes such as yours? Do you come across these often?? I find most of my memes come to me via facebook or twitter. I know you mentioned email, is this how you receive most of your memes?

    ReplyDelete