Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Uses of YouTube



In Daniel Margolis' post Analyzing the Societal Effects of YouTube, several points about YouTube are brought up. What I believe to be the most important is how YouTube has allowed individuals to voice and express their opinions on a global scale. Before YouTube, this would have been expensive, time consuming, and would have required a great deal of persistence. Now, the only thing people may struggle with is their internet timing out before their video is uploaded. 


I personally have a YouTube account, one where I have favorite channels that I follow. I use the site semi regularly for Jenna Marbles videos, make up tutorials, or for various musicians and artists. The comment feed I usually find entertaining as people get so worked up over videos or one sentence that people say. One thing I hate about the comment feeds are the people who continuously post things like "Hey i'm ____ please come check out my channel." I would be fine if people did this once, but some users post this over and over again in one comment thread. I do have a video that I uploaded from when I was in grade 8 or 9 and also have several videos that I am "featured" in over my dance career. I do not have a YouTube account in order to post my own videos however, instead I use the site to just watch other people's videos.

Below is supposedly the first YouTube video uploaded to the site...

Here is one of my favorite singers who began his career on YouTube...



No comments:

Post a Comment